I have 4 others, but I didn't want to use lace again due to the results last time. So I arrived at another idea--how about a crochet edge? Although I learned how to crochet in junior high and made many projects, it's been years since I've actually done any. So I bought some crochet thread, pulled out the hooks, and started experimenting.
Here are the results on the first two:
I'm pretty pleased with how they came out. The crochet edges look nice and are more flexible than the lace. And these took less time, too! Here are some close ups:
The edging on the blue top was done with Aunt Lydia's Classic 10 lace-weight cotton thread. The closest match I could locate was a variegated color called "Ocean". It consists of 2 rows; the first is a foundation and the second is a basic picot.
The edging on the cream top was done with Aunt Lydia's Fashion 3 super fine cotton. I selected this one because it had the best color match. It's thicker, so I just made the foundation row on this one. There's also a slight sheen that the thinner thread doesn't have.
I still have 2 of these tops left, and the biggest challenge was finding threads that coordinated! I had no luck among the crochet threads, so I expanded my search to embroidery floss, where there is a much larger variety of colors to choose from.
In other news, you probably noticed that I updated the blog a bit. This is a "dynamic" template, which is a bit different from the last one. The sidebar is the little black line along the right side of the page. Hover over it and everything that was here before appears. Still a work in process...