Friday, November 26, 2010

Pajama Sewalong: Finished!!


I worked on them yesterday afternoon and finished them this morning. I don't have too much to say about their construction, except that I think I need to retire this pattern. Not because I don't like it, I do. However, the tissue is coming apart and is just about done for. I have some other pajama pants patterns that I can adapt using this one, so it's ok.

I made these for me. While they make great gifts, my Christmas list is small. My sis and BIL are getting a shipment of New Mexico green chile, and my SIL and BIL will be getting a shipment of salmon. DH and I are planning a holiday getaway to Santa Fe, so that will be our gift to each other.

Thanksgiving day was very relaxed. DH and I went out to dinner and had a lovely meal of buffalo prime rib, root vegetables, a green chile popover, and mashed potatoes. Also included were a soup course (lobster bisque), salad course (endive with blue cheese, candied pecans, cranberries, and tangerine vinaigrette), and dessert (a pumpkin cheesecake). Delicious but way too much to eat in one sitting, so we will have Thanksgiving leftovers this weekend.

7 comments:

Gorgeous Things said...

Yay!! I still have to finish my pajama pants. DS the eldest decided to have an impromptu movie-watching party tonight so I've been cleaning and buying food all day instead of sewing. But while the kids are downstairs watching "Mulan", I'll be upstairs sewing. Your Turkey Day sounds heavenly.

a little sewing said...

How cute! Smart to cut out all 3 pairs at once (I saw your photos on the flickr pool)
Happy Thanksgiving!

gwensews said...

Super jammie pants! I love the Route 66 pair!

Little Hunting Creek said...

Cute pjs!

gMarie said...

I got my flannel pants cut out - but that's as far as I got. Guess I need to get busy! You're are lovely. g

SewRuthie said...

I've enjoyed the various pajama fabrics, gives us chance to use the crazier prints!

Anonymous said...

I preserve my patterns by ironing them onto freezer paper. It works really well.
Ilse