Thursday, January 4, 2007

Goodies from the USPS

I've had a nice run of things from the post office over the last couple of days. And for some reason, they're also providing service to my front door instead of the silver box down the street on some items. Yesterday was an awesome sweater from Coldwater Creek:



Love, love, love this! It's made of ribbon yarn and is surprisingly warm. Really fun to wear too. The pattern companies have several similar patterns right now, Kwik Sew and Vogue among them. Yes, I could have made one and may eventually do so. But sometimes RTW can be fun too.


Today brought more treats. A back issue of Belle Armoire. Fun eye candy and inspiration. It's not the most informative craft magazine, certainly inspirational.


But best of all, I got a surprise package from the Sewing Workshop! I participated in the recent "Invent the Inventor" contest online. I didn't win, but it was a good experience. I received a generous discount on the purchase of a pattern just for entering and thought that was it. But no! Linda and her staff sent more swag: her "Mastering Miters" book and the Tamari Apron instruction booklet. How great is that!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy, very cute. I'm looking for a good pattern for sweater knits.

NancyDaQ said...

Kelly, I'll publish pattern numbers soon. I promise!

Anonymous said...

Oh I'd love a sweater like that too. Mine would have to be RTW too as I have no sweater knits.

NancyDaQ said...

MaryT, see my next post. Believe it or not, Kwik Sew 3462 is supposed to be for wovens. Weird but true.